Thursday, May 23, 2013

I have a small and cute role, says Priyanka Kothari


Back in 2003, a certain 'Amoga' entered Kollywood as the leading lady in the Madhavan-starrer Jay Jay. And today, the actress, who now calls herself Priyanka Kothari, is looking forward to the release of her film Karimedu.

Based on real-life incidents related to the Dandupalya gang, Karimedu revolves around the crimes committed and the way people were treated. Priyanka plays a pregnant woman in the film and this guest appearance is, as she puts it, a "small and cute role."
She says, "The Kannada film did well, and I'm expecting its Tamil version to be successful too. We shot for the talkie portions and two songs in Mysore. I play the victim of the gang and the character, though small, has a lot of weight. The entire unit and team was wonderful to work with."
So, why has it been a while since the actress was last seen in a Kollywood film? "In time, Tamil cinema will see more of me. I like the subjects done here, and the way they are picturized. I'd love to star in Tamil films, provided I get a good offer and storyline," she adds.
Her last appearance in a Tamil film was in a dance number, in Jiiva's Kacheri Arambam. Ask her if she'll do another such number in the future, and she says, "Well, if it's a good song, I will take it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment