Friday, May 10, 2013

I am open to do any cinema so long as it is aesthetically shot - Disha Pandy


After films like Mayanginen Thayanginen and Keeripulla, actor Disha Pandey is back with a romantic big budget movie called Manathil Mayam Seithaai (MMS), a Tamil-Telugu bi-lingual directed by Suresh P Kumar, starring Sethu and Prince.

She says she never dreamt of getting into acting, Disha is enjoying every bit of her journey.

"However when the offer to act in Tamil Padam came when I was in Class 12, I grabbed it,” says Disha.

So, why the long gap post the film that got her a lot of attention?

“My dad wanted me to complete my graduation first. In the gap post Tamil Padam, I’ve done Bolo Raam and the recent Saare Jahan Se Mahenga in Hindi apart from Race in Telugu. With MMS, I’m happy to do a bilingual with a young team.”

Disha plays an architect from a middle-class family in the love thriller, which is being shot in Chennai and Hyderabad.

Full House Entertainment produces the film. Disha is happy to be back in Chennai and says, “I remember the first time I came here in 2009 and I fell in love with curd rice and ragi!”

Whenever she’s not shooting, Disha likes to take off to visit new places.

“When I have time, l like to visit historical places, temples, churches and dargahs. I cherish my darshan at the Madurai Meenakshi temple.”

So, how open is she to doing glamourous roles and liplock scenes that are common these days?

“I have done a liplock scene in Race. I don’t mind doing any scene, that I personally can watch on screen later without squirming in my seat! So as long as anything is aesthetically shot, I am not closed to any kind of cinema.”

No comments:

Post a Comment