Saturday, March 23, 2013

Enjoyed playing bride, says actress Lekha Washington

-->
Lekha-WashingtonActress Lekha Washington, known for playing offbeat roles, says she enjoyed playing a bride in upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy “Kalyana Samayal Saadham” (KSS), a story about the chaos of a big fat south Indian wedding.
“My career is inundated with offbeat roles, but thanks to KSS, I got to present myself as a heroine for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed playing a bride in the film because I got to be portrayed as a beautiful south Indian. Imagine how a family treats a bride in real life, such is the treatment I was receiving on sets,” Lekha said.
She is paired opposite Prasanna Venkatesan in the film, in which she plays a very strong character.
“One of the reasons I signed the film is because I essay a very powerful character. I haven’t played such a character in my career. I play this spunky, free-spirited girl raised in a typical middle class family,” she added.
Lekha said she enjoys working with a young team.
“The team of KSS is young and over enthusiastic. God forbid, we didn’t have a single fight or any sort of misunderstanding while shooting. I think this is one of the advantages of working with a young team as they are highly professional and committed,” she said.
KSS is directed by debutant R.S. Prasanna. It also features Delhi Ganesh and Uma Padmanabhan in important roles.
Arun Vaidyanathan and Ananth Govindan have jointly produced the film, which is currently in post-production phase.
Meanwhile, Lekha is currently busy shooting for Hindi action crime-thriller “Power”, which is being directed by Rajkumar Santoshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment