Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Meghna Raj makes heads turn

Unlike most other 23-year-olds, actress Meghana Raj has been busy making her mark and carving a niche for herself.

The actress has just finished filming 100 Degree Celsius, Memories and Raja Hulli, her Kannada flick with Yash. That’s not all, her next Sandalwood film, Bahuparaak, will be her 28th movie in the last five years.

Her new svelte avatar has left quite a few heads turning, but the actress confesses that her Malayalam fans prefer her when she was chubby .
“I did not lose weight to get more films or because someone asked me to. I did it because I realised that I had to look after my health,“ she says. The sultry actress has lost over 10 kgs in the last two months.

“Raja.. happened soon after I toned up. Since I am playing a 17-year-old schoolgirl, with glimpses into her past life. I had to lose more weight to look the part,“ she states. Memories, her other film can probably be placed on the other end of the spectrum, at least as far as her role is concerned. “It is a love story that revolves around Prithviraj’s character, while mine forms the base for rest of the characterisation in the film.“ From playing a schoolgirl in one film to performing the role of a mother in the next, while most would sweat, Meghana says it was a breeze. “I can mould into my character with utmost ease. The fact that I have had such a variety of roles has also helped me in adapting to the different requirement.“

Meghana Raj, who has been more famous in other industries than in Sandalwood says it wasn’t intentional. “I accepted my first film on sheer impulse, throwing everyone, including my folks off guard,“ she adds. She agrees that being a star kid did give her the required leverage needed to get into the industry and that the only thing she ever knew she wanted was to be a part of films.

“Though in between I did have a phase when I wanted to become a doctor and then join the Indian Army, thankfully I realised soon enough that my true calling was cinema,“ says the ardent dog lover who thinks one of her dogs is her mother’s horcrux. “Every time my mother leaves home, Honey (the Pomeranian) keeps an eye on me.“

No comments:

Post a Comment